Christian Centered Business School
Alphacrucis College, Australia’s leading Christian college, is partnering with Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS) in Baguio, Philippines. APTS is a theological seminary operated by the Assemblies of God. It offers masters and doctoral level degrees in ministry and theology. The school is international in scope with students coming from over thirty different nations.
AC has a rich history of ministry training, having taught and trained thousands of Christian leaders in Australia, New Zealand, and throughout the world.
The college, then known as Commonwealth Bible College, was established in Melbourne in 1948 to serve as the national training college of the Assemblies of God in Australia. It subsequently moved to Brisbane in 1949 and to Katoomba, NSW, in 1974. In 1993 the college’s name was changed to Southern Cross College, and in 1996 it relocated to Chester Hill, Sydney. In 1997 a Korean language program was established, and in 1999 a correspondence program commenced. Since 2000 AC has commenced operating a campus in Auckland, New Zealand, has established a network of campus and delivery points throughout Australia and New Zealand, and has developed a comprehensive online program.
In 2009 the college changed its name to Alphacrucis College (AC). The vision of Alphacrucis is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations. Its mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
Our Mission & Values
Our Mission is to create a college that transforms students into Global Christian Leaders.
AC & APTS Collaboration
Alphacrucis College, Australia’s leading Christian college, is partnering with Asia Pacific Theological Seminary (APTS) in Baguio, Philippines. Starting in January 2020, AC courses will be offered on the campus of APTS.
APTS is a theological seminary operated by the Assemblies of God. It offers masters and doctoral level degrees in ministry and theology. The school is international in scope with students coming from over thirty different nations. The faculty is highly qualified and represents the best of both Asian and Western scholarship.
The school is located in Baguio, Philippines. Baguio is known for its mild temperatures and beautiful summers as it sits high in the Cordillera Mountains. The campus consists of housing for faculty and students of APTS, a new classroom complex, chapel facilities, basketball court, and a large library. Prayer Mountain is a beautiful addition that offers a sweeping view of the valley for contemplation and prayer. In addition, the campus offers many amenities including their own security force, deep water wells, and high speed internet.
Students in the Alphacrusis program would be located within the Global Missions Center on the APTS campus. This center offers dormitories, classrooms, and recreational facilities as well as the dining hall and a large chapel facility.
- Alphacrucis College (AC) is registered with the Australian Commonwealth Government as a Higher Education Provider, offering courses at sub-graduate, undergraduate, graduate and higher degree research level recognized by Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA) (ID: PRV12006). AC is authorized to self-accredit courses of study at Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Levels 5-10 in Business and Management, Teacher Education, and Philosophy and Religious Studies under section 41 of the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency Act 2011. Courses of study outside these narrow fields are accredited by TEQSA directly. All of AC’s teacher training programs, including Bachelor of Education (Primary), Master of Teaching (Primary) and Master of Teaching (Secondary), have been accredited by TEQSA and NESA (formerly BOSTES).
- AC is also an approved VET Provider. AC is registered as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) (Provider Code: 90525) with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and is the developer and owner of several courses accredited through ASQA. ASQA is the national regulator for Australia’s vocational education and training sector. For more information on AC VET courses, go to training.gov.au (TGA).
- AC is listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) (Provider Code: 02731D).
- AC is approved for Austudy, Abstudy, Youth Allowance, CRICOS, FEE-HELP, and VET Student Loans.
- AC is a founding member of and is accredited with the Asia Pacific Theological Association (APTA). This Association is a cooperative effort among the Assemblies of God Bible schools and other Pentecostal/Charismatic schools in the Asia Pacific region, to provide assistance in the development and effectiveness of their ministry training programs. (www.apta-schools.org).
AC is an international affiliate of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) and a member of the Asia Pacific Theological Association (APTA).
The CCCU is a professional association of academic institutions. The organisation exists to help Christ-centred colleges and universities impact the world by integrating scholarship and service with biblical truths. Through professional development and research, student programs, and leadership initiatives, CCCU offers myriad opportunities to its members to advance the cause of Christian higher education (www.cccu.org).
ACPET is the national industry association for independent providers of post-compulsory education and training, for Australian and international students. (www.acpet.edu.au).
COPHE is a peak body representing Australian private higher education providers. (www.cophe.edu.au).
AC is the national training college of ACC, a movement of over 1,000 Pentecostal churches with over 270,000 constituents.(acc.org.au)
All general and non-professional degrees (art, commerce, computer science, etc.) conferred in Australia are recognized in Singapore, as long as the qualifications are approved by the Australian Government.